• To be the national focal point for the development, enhancing production and promotion of domestic and International trade of Oilseeds and Oils and their value added product.
• Plan and assist in increasing yield of oilseeds and production of oil in India by optimizing use of technology and carry out mission upto the farm level.
• To promote value addition products across oilseeds and oils sector.
• Promote Brand India and establish India as supplier of quality oilseeds, oils and their products in world markets.
• Strengthen the backward and forward linkages in supply-chain of oilseed & oils sector globally.
• Encouraging adoption of Food Safety Principles.
• Recommend policies and programmes conducive to the growth of oilseeds and oils sector in India
• Defending interests of Indian oilseeds and oils sector in world markets
To enable and assist the members of the Indian Oilseeds & Produce Export Promotion Council in enhancing exports of products to realize the full potential in global markets through concerted efforts and in help them in effectively discharging their responsibilities and obligations under Foreign Trade Policy.