A. Grow your Exports by participating in International Trade Fairs:
In order to develop and promote exports, the Council organises participation in key International Trade Fairs/Exhibitions which are considered to be important for oilseed and its value added sector. An All Member Circular is sent mentioning the advantages, size of stall and cost of participation. The participants are selected based on the guidelines of Ministry of Commerce.
The participating member exporters are eligible for financial assistance under Market Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme. For details of this scheme are available under download section of this website.
The Council also organises exclusive Buyer-Seller Meets (BSMs) both in India as well as in overseas markets, which provides an opportunity to meet potential importers face-to-face in order to develop business relationship.
B. Quality Improvement by attending Seminars / Workshops:
In order to strengthen the supply chain of exports of oilseed and its value added products, the Council organises Seminars/Workshops in key regions of oilseed producing states in India. These workshops are attended not only by the exporters but also all other stakeholders such as Shellers, Processors, Graders, Hullers, CHA, Brokers, Laboratories, etc.
These Regional meetings provide an excellent opportunity for establishing contacts with new vendors for the exporters. The problems faced by suppliers and exporters are discussed. The Sessions on quality improvement benefit the units/warehouses in further enhancing the quality of their produce, which is considered to be very important from export perspective.
C. Taking up difficulty of Exporters and other Stakeholders with Government:
The Council facilitates interaction between exporting community and Govt. both at the Central and State level. It also has representation in various committees/panels of Central and State governments. The difficulties faced in exports are discussed with the government at various levels with the objective of its resolution at the earliest.
In case members are facing any difficulty in exports, the Council helps them at every stage.
D. Defending Interests in Global Markets :
1) The business interest in the destination markets are defended by contesting trade distortion measures such as anti-dumping duty, safeguard duty and works towards removing non-tariff barriers impacting Indian exports.
2) During the consultations at multilateral level such as WTO, UNCTAD; the Council provides inputs to the government to promote interests of India’s oilseeds and derivatives products.
3) The Council regularly communicates with Indian Embassies, trade bodies and associations in various countries in order to resolve the issues faced by exporters.
E. Conducting Trade Meets, Surveys & Market Studies :
1) The Council conducts Crop Survey to assess the supply-demand situation well in advance so that effective export strategy can be chalked out. The Crop assessment figures are disseminated to the members.
2) Conducting market surveys and providing market intelligence through various cluster studies, research reports & journals.
3) Assisting and encouraging scientific, technical and economic research for oilseed & oils sector
F. Providing Effective Dispute Settlement Mechanism :
The Council also acts as Institutional Arbitrator to provide speedy justice at much lower costs, thereby providing an excellent dispute redressal/settlement mechanism.
The rules of International & Domestic Arbitration can be downloaded by clicking here.
G. Procedure for export of Sesame Seed :
Ministry of Commerce, Government of India has shifted development and promotion of sesame seed and Niger seed to the Council. IOPEPC is committed to boost the Indian image as consistent supplier of quality Oilseeds and Oils to global markets.
Responding to the concerns of European Union regarding quality of sesame seed imported from India, IOPEPC has been assigned the responsibility of establishing a procedure for sesame seed export.
For any trade related Questions / Requirement Click here to submit your query.
Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved by Indian Oilseeds and Produce Export Promotion Council